The Thinking Cap Learning Management System (LMS) targets all your training needs across all your training devices.
It’s easy to set up, customizable beyond anything you've seen, and totally secure. It’s flexible enough to handle as many learners as you need it to – and robust enough to deliver detailed tracking and reporting on each and every one of them.
Unparalleled branding and segmentation
Having trouble imagining what that much control over your branding would look like? We’ll let you in on a secret: we built this entire website, the one you’re on right now, using just the Thinking Cap LMS.
Perfect for Blended Learning
Learning comes in many different formats, and your LMS needs to work with the full spectrum of eLearning activities, such as instructor-led training (ILT) and assessments, as well as the more informal activities like comprehension and demonstration. For those who are more technology-minded, you’ll be happy to know that we’re SCORM Certified by the ADL and can run any SCORM 1.2 or 2004 package. If you don’t have SCORM packages, we can easily convert your PDF, PowerPoint, or videos for you whenever you need them.
Learn more about the Learning Activity Types supported in Thinking Cap.
Learning Paths tie it all together
Learning paths are your key to keeping learners on track. You can use them to define any matrix you need, including curricula sets, certification requirements, department goals, and job definitions. You can also use learning paths for talent and competency management. You can build all your paths and set up your rules visually, which means you don’t have to use any code.
What kinds of learning paths will you create?
Easy Integration and Single Sign-On
Thinking Cap was created to work with the sites and systems you already have. You can pull any data from any part of your Thinking Cap LMS and embed it in your own applications, and your systems can send data to Thinking Cap as actions.
It’s easy to add a user, enrol a learner, or update the details for an ILT location. A Single Sign-On (SSO) makes the login process seamless and secure for your users.
Tracking your learning is what the Thinking Cap LMS is all about. It gives you easy-to-define reports and lets you apply as many filters as you want based on user custom fields. You can view your reports on screen, as PDFs, in Excel, or you can export the raw data to XML. You can even schedule reports to run automatically on a schedule and have them delivered to as many recipients as you want.
Thinking Cap Features in Depth
With 385 discreet functions (and growing), Thinking Cap is a robust, dependable and flexible LMS that can deliver everything your company or industry demands of it. Here’s how.
- Move Domains in the tree as your organization changes.
- Hold courses, assessments, and learning paths in the global domain and distribute them to individual domains using custom fields matching.
- Share certificates, locations, custom fields, series, locations, activities, and objectives with the entire organization from the global domain.
- Create domains that own their own sets of certificates, locations, custom fields, series, locations, activities, and objectives.
- Gateway to any domain via its own URL.
- Define the categories and sub-categories for learners to browse courses and learning paths in a domain’s learner view.
- Set time zone and time display on a domain-by-domain basis.
- Turn LMS services off or on so that only the LMS functions you need display in the user interface. Just flip them back on when you need them and they become available again.
- View important upcoming events and reminders using the Agenda tab.
- Use My Courses and My Learning Paths to show learners their courses and learning paths according to the following categories: those in which they are actively enrolled; those they have completed; those that have expired, and; those that are currently available to learners for enrollment or purchasing.
- Browse courses, assessments, and learning paths hierarchically by category or sub-category using the Catalogue view.
- View and participate in all your forums and chat rooms in one place using the Social tab.
- Schedule personal availability and set exception weeks to control when a user can be enrolled in an ILT or set as the moderator or teaching assistant for an ILT.
- Search full text of courses, learning paths, and related content.
- Add a personal profile or give permission to share your LinkedIn or Facebook profiles.
- Explore glossaries of terms manually built by administrators or dynamically generated by glossary terms found in imported course packages.
- Use My Learners tab to administer your direct reports without the need to go into the administrative functions of the LMS. This function is perfect for line managers and mentors and includes: enrolling learners in courses; authenticating learners’ activities; proctoring learners’ courses, and; viewing learners’ transcripts.
- Assign roles to users at the domain level for targeted control of learning data.
- Add users individually or in bulk from a file.
- Enroll users in courses, assessments, and learning paths individually or in bulk.
- Assign supervisors to learners to define reporting structures beyond the organizational structure of your domain tree.
- View or export learner transcripts for detailed views of learner’s activities.
- Create discussion forums at every learning level, including: global LMS-wide; domain, and; course/learning path levels.
- Provide moderated and non-moderated options.
- Post to forums via email replies.
- Add attachments to forum posts.
- Allow votes for posts and replies.
- See dynamically generated user reputation scores based on vote and viewing tracking.
- View dynamic ordering of posts and replies based on quality score.
- Maintain always-on or scheduled chat rooms at every level, including: global LMS-wide; domain, and; course/learning path levels.
- Use mailboxes for internal messaging.
- Tie internal mailbox to your external email to hide your personal information. (ideal for large classes).
- Set up an integrated shopping cart for selling courses, assessments, and learning paths to learners.
- Clear credit card transactions on the backend via: PayPal; PayPal Payflow; Braintree; Authorize.net; Transactional, or; Internet Secure.
- Conduct transactions in any currency.
- Allow supervisors to purchase for their learners individually or in bulk.
- Set any number of pricing rules, as well as the order in which rules for price reduction and increase apply, based on custom fields.
- Generate tokens for sales via purchase order (PO) and other sales channels.
- View and export sales reports and token usage reports.
- Connect Thinking Cap directly to your accounting system via Web Services for instant access to sales data.
Stay on top of everything with automated notifications
Your Thinking Cap LMS helps you keep an eye on everything with a robust system of 21 notifications, many of which you can select to turn off globally or set on a course-by-course basis. You can even define the text for the subject and body and personalize them with “power tags.”
- Purchase notification
- Enrollment notification
- Enrollment request pending notification
- Enrollment declined notification
- Withdrawal approved notification
- Withdrawal declined notification
- Due date reminder (three definable time intervals)
- Past-due notification
- Completion notification
- Accreditation expiry reminder
- Assignment submitted receipt
- Assignment reviewed notification
- Instructor-Led session is Starting notification (Learner)
- Instructor-Led session is Starting (moderator/teaching assistant)
- Activity completion required reminder
- Evidence document rejected
- Account created notification
- Forgotten password helper
- Password changed by learner notification
- Scheduled report ready notification
- Ad Hoc report ready notification